- RSS Channel Showcase 3709966
- RSS Channel Showcase 5447853
- RSS Channel Showcase 6145449
- RSS Channel Showcase 1946163
Articles on this Page
- 01/04/16--10:09: _“Montreal Cooks” Ma...
- 01/25/16--14:20: _Q&A: Kim Dorland
- 02/02/16--10:05: _Figure 1 Signs Art ...
- 02/10/16--14:52: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 02/11/16--14:47: _“A Sense of Place” ...
- 02/15/16--10:17: _Q&A: Robin Summerfield
- 02/16/16--09:29: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 02/18/16--10:48: _Deal Annoucement: A...
- 02/22/16--14:27: _Recipe: Stained Gla...
- 02/23/16--08:58: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 02/29/16--11:42: _Excerpt: Kim Dorlan...
- 03/01/16--08:29: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 03/01/16--11:12: _Q&A: Tays Spencer a...
- 03/02/16--10:25: _Excerpt: “Lifelines...
- 03/03/16--09:24: _Reminder: “Montreal...
- 03/04/16--14:51: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 03/07/16--14:28: _Excerpt: “Masterwor...
- 03/08/16--09:28: _Q&A: Heather Ross
- 03/09/16--10:01: _Deal Announcement: ...
- 03/10/16--08:43: _Excerpt: “Higher”
- 01/04/16--10:09: “Montreal Cooks” Mange Le Livre Contest
- 01/25/16--14:20: Q&A: Kim Dorland
- 02/02/16--10:05: Figure 1 Signs Art Book Distribution Deal with Prestel
- 02/10/16--14:52: Deal Announcement: Journey After Midnight
- 02/15/16--10:17: Q&A: Robin Summerfield
- 02/16/16--09:29: Deal Announcement: Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun
- 02/18/16--10:48: Deal Annoucement: Araxi: Roots to Shoots, Farm Fresh Recipes
- 02/22/16--14:27: Recipe: Stained Glass Jam from “Montreal Cooks”
- 02/23/16--08:58: Deal Announcement: CinCin Ristorante Cookbook
- 02/29/16--11:42: Excerpt: Kim Dorland – Introduction
- 03/01/16--08:29: Deal Announcement: Ottawa Cooks
- 03/01/16--11:12: Q&A: Tays Spencer and Jonathan Cheung
- 03/02/16--10:25: Excerpt: “Lifelines”– What Are Telomeres?
- 03/03/16--09:24: Reminder: “Montreal Cooks” Mange Le Livre Contest!
- 03/04/16--14:51: Deal Announcement: “Edmonton Cooks”
- 03/07/16--14:28: Excerpt: “Masterworks from the Audain Art Museum”
- 03/08/16--09:28: Q&A: Heather Ross
- 03/09/16--10:01: Deal Announcement: “Grand Complications”
- 03/10/16--08:43: Excerpt: “Higher”
Montreal Cooks Mange Le Livre Contest Win over $600 in Montreal Gift Certificates 1. Visit any of the below establishments and take a picture with the book, a dish or the chef! Share the photo on either Twitter or Instagram. 2. Hashtag the photo #MontrealCooks and mention where the picture was taken using their Twitter […]
Our Q&A series continues with Kim Dorland, one of Canada’s most intriguing contemporary artists. Named one of the Globe and Mail’s Globe Arts’ Artists of the Year in 2013, Dorland has captured the public’s imagination with his visceral creations. The book, Kim Dorland, is visually stunning and artistically bold, exploring the mind and work of […]
Figure 1 Publishing announced today that it has signed an international distribution agreement with the prestigious art book publisher, Prestel Publishing, to sell and distribute Figure 1’s award-winning art, architecture and design books in Europe and all markets outside of North America. Richard Nadeau, Figure 1’s Executive VP of Sales and Distribution said, “This is […]
The post Figure 1 Signs Art Book Distribution Deal with Prestel appeared first on Figure 1 Publishing.
Figure 1 is delighted to announce the signing of Ujjal Dosanjh’s memoir Journey After Midnight: India, Canada and the Road Beyond. This beautifully written story by one of Canada’s most distinguished politicians will be released in May 2016. A deeply personal and thoughtful account of Dosanjh’s journey from his beloved India to the upper echelons […]
A Sense of Place Robin Laurence In early 1996, a team of workers, using a large construction crane, manoeuvred a six-ton sculpture into place at Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Conceived and designed by Haida artist Bill Reid, it had been modelled in clay and moulded in plaster in Reid’s studio in Vancouver, cast in bronze […]
The post “A Sense of Place” Excerpt – The Spirit of Haida Gwaii: The Jade Canoe appeared first on Figure 1 Publishing.
Robin Summerfield is the delightful author of Winnipeg Cooks: Signature Recipes from the City’s Top Chefs a stunning cookbook that celebrates Winnipeg’s dynamic food scene, featuring more than 70 recipes from 34 of its finest chefs. Robin is an award-winning journalist. At home in Winnipeg, she often freestyles in the kitchen, throwing in most any […]
We are delighted to announce the signing of Lawrence Paul Yuxweluptun – Unceded Territories, a major and timely review spanning thirty years of his painterly and polemical practice. The book features commentary, a short-story and extensive dialogue from curators Karen Duffek and Tania Willard who will discuss the meaning of Yuxweluptun’s practice and place it […]
Figure 1 Publishing is proud to announce that it will publish the much-anticipated second cookbook by Executive Chef James Walt, Araxi: Roots to Shoots, Farm Fresh Recipes in August. Located in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar enjoys a long-held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. Led by […]
The post Deal Annoucement: Araxi: Roots to Shoots, Farm Fresh Recipes appeared first on Figure 1 Publishing.
Stained Glass Jam from Preservation Society The creamy white chunks of pear suspended behind glass in vibrant red cranberry jelly inspired the name of this jam. It pays homage to Montreal’s beautiful fall fruits as well as to the magnificent churches full of stained glass that awed chef Camilla Wynne when she first moved to […]
We are delighted to announce that Figure 1 will publish The CinCin Ristorante cookbook in October 2016. It will feature over eighty of Executive Chef Andrew Richardson’s favourite Italian-inspired recipes, including many intended for the grill, wood-fired or otherwise. Based above the bustling Robson Street in downtown Vancouver, CinCin offers a modern take on classic […]
Introduction Going Out on a Limb by Jeffrey Spalding Is art damaged? Is painting irreparably harmed? When you read the published preambles to the discussions of Kim Dorland’s art, you might very well get the impression that we accept that painting is a goner. Kim Dorland didn’t get the memo. Dorland makes exquisitely ugly paintings. […]
Figure 1 Publishing is delighted to announce that it will publish Ottawa Cooks: Signature Recipes from the Finest Chefs of Canada’s Capital Region by award-winning food writer Anne DesBrisay in September 2016. It will feature recipes from forty-one of the Capital Region’s most inspiring cooks. Beautifully photographed by Christian Lalonde, Ottawa Cooks will showcase more […]
Tays Spencer and Jonathan Cheung are the authors of Montreal Cooks: A Tasting Menu from the City’s Leading Chefs which features 80 delicious recipes from the finest chefs in one of North America’s most exciting food cities. Jonathan is the owner and chef of Appetite for Books, Montreal’s premier cookbook shop and cooking school. Congratulations […]
In The Globe and Mail national bestseller Lifelines: Unlock the Secrets of Your Telomeres for a Longer, Healthier Life Dr. Elaine Chin offers a ground breaking guide to living a longer, healthier life through the cutting-edge science of telomeres. But what exactly are telomeres? What Are Telomeres? Apart from death and taxes, there’s not a lot that’s […]
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER IS RINA ANTONUCCI. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED! Montreal Cooks Mange Le Livre Contest Win over $600 in Montreal Gift Certificates 1. Visit any of the below establishments and take a picture with the book, a dish or the chef! Share the photo on either Twitter […]
The post Reminder: “Montreal Cooks” Mange Le Livre Contest! appeared first on Figure 1 Publishing.
We are glad to announce that we are publishing Edmonton Cooks – Signature Recipes from the City’s Best Chefs this fall – a sumptuous sampling of Edmonton’s thriving food scene from its top chefs and restaurants. The collection contains more than 75 recipes and is a delicious compilation of classic and contemporary recipes that are […]
The Audain Art Museum in Whistler opens its doors to the public on March 12th 2016. Set against the spectacular mountains and forests, the museum showcases the astonishing breadth of British Columbia’s art from the late eighteenth century to the present. Masterworks from the Audain Art Museum is a sumptuous celebration of the remarkable permanent […]
Our Q&A series continues with West Coast artist, photographer and stylist Heather Ross. Her new book The Natural Eclectic: A Design Aesthetic Inspired by Nature, a lusciously illustrated guide for nature-lovers, designers, and flea-market foragers is available in bookstores now. What adjective best describes you? Expressive How do you normally start your day? I rise […]
Exciting announcement from Figure 1 Publishing. We will be releasing Grand Complications: 50 Guitars & 50 Stories from Inlay Artist William “Grit” Laskin this fall. It is a look inside guitarmaker William “Grit” Laskin’s creative process—how he teases out a client’s interests and intentions, how he develops and refines his ideas, and how he brings […]
Charles Hanna wrote his book, Higher: Awaken to a More Fulfilling Life in order to pass on his life lessons, not just his life story. He hopes others will find their own Higher Perspective, Power and Purpose after hearing how his journey took him to the extremes of despair and success and ultimately towards spiritual […]